Why choose ServSafe?
ServSafe Food Safety Manager Training and Certification is required by law in the state of New Jersey. Currently, the state law requires that at least one person per establishment be ServSafe Food Safety Manager-certified.
We make it convenient
- Classes are taught in one day. Sign up for the class closest to your establishment, and take both the class and the exam in the same day.
- The class will run from 9am to 5pm with a break for lunch. Be sure to arrive on time with a #2 pencil and a photo ID. You will need a 75% or above in order to pass the test. Since ServSafe is now offering electronic certificates, please ensure that you provide a valid email address on the answer sheet.
- Multicultural products ensure that the training and exams are understood by those speaking a variety of languages. Our courses are offered in English and Spanish.
- If you have at least 8 employees who you would like to certify, ask us about hosting a class at your own location with one of our instructors.
We make it affordable
- ServSafe Food Safety Manager Training and Certification
- FREE* for NJRHA members
- $199 for non-members
- ServSafe Alcohol
- FREE* for NJRHA members
- $75 for non-members
Click here to view what each certification covers. Note that all of our classes are taught in person. We do not offer the ServSafe Food Handler course, as all of the topics in this course are covered in the more in-depth ServSafe Food Safety Manager.
*The NJRHA receives a grant from the Department of Labor that allows our members to take ServSafe classes for FREE. If you are a member and would like to take the course, or send some of your employees to do so, please have your FEIN (Tax ID Number) available to be verified through the Department of Labor and Taxation. Please try to register for your desired course at least a week in advance to ensure that your FEIN has been verified in time.
We make it count
- ServSafe Food Safety Manager Certification is valid for five years.*
- ServSafe Alcohol Certification is valid for three years.*
- ServSafe Alcohol Certifications can help lower insurance premiums for your restaurant.
*Note that once your certification has expired, you will have to take the full course again in order to re-certify.
Register for a class today!
To register online for a ServSafe class, or to view the upcoming classes that we currently have scheduled, visit the link above.
To register over the phone or to sign up to host a ServSafe class, please contact Sarita Curry, our ServSafe Coordinator, at:
New Jersey Restaurant Educational Foundation
126 West State Street
Trenton, NJ 08608