Academic Year: 2016/2017
Granter: New Jersey Restaurant Educational Foundation
Award Amount: $1000
Scholarship Application Deadline: All applications must be received before May 1, 2017.
All interested applicants should read the Giving Guidelines.
- Student must be pursuing a career in Hospitality Management and enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Student must provide high school or college transcripts.
- Student GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
- Student’s permanent address must be in the state of New Jersey.
- Application must be accompanied by proof of admission to a school of higher learning and the required essay.
- Student must provide a resume that includes college major.
Essay should be 800-2000 words about one of the listed topics below:
- Who is your culinary inspiration?
- What made you decide on your college of choice?
- What do you hope to accomplish in the next 5 years?
All students should send their scholarship application and essay to:
New Jersey Restaurant Educational Foundation
126 West State Street
Trenton, NJ 08608
Students will be notified by May 15, 2017 if selected for the Chairman’s Scholarship Award by email. They will be sent an official letter congratulating them in June. Awarded students will be invited to attend the NJREF Culinary Student Day Celebration on June 5, 2017.
Students may apply for more than one NJREF scholarship, however, each student can only be awarded one scholarship per academic year.